ASTRO File Manager
An app for organizing your files into folders
ASTRO File Manager is a sophisticated app and file manager for Android that works locally, over a local network or via the cloud.
ASTRO File Manager is a powerful tool that helps manage the many apps and files on a device. You can manage those apps and files locally or remotely using cloud-based services, and you can even manage those items across devices. Not only is ASTRO powerful, but it manages to let you complete most tasks with just a single tap, and that efficiency sets it apart from many apps like it.
The app has a powerful search feature, and it has a browser that can peruse directories, search results or file sets based on file types and other characteristics. You can compress files, which saves space when transferring to another device or to the cloud for archiving. Most popular cloud services are preconfigured, including Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive.
A download manager component makes unattended downloading simple while helping you make the most of your available storage. For compression, both ZIP and RAR are supported. A built-in multimedia player lets you play your music and videos, and a cleaning component lets you delete unneeded files, clear large caches, clear your memory, kill processes and so forth.
ASTRO File Manager has been around a while — and it shows. Android user interfaces have come a long way in recent years, and this app is certainly due a refresh. Function is what matters most here, and the app excels in that regard, but the UI may be off-putting to new users. The app also seems to have an issue with image thumbnails, which tend to load in slowly and sometimes not at all.
- Browse, organize and compress
- Share files across local and remote storage
- Download manager
- Outdated user interface
- Slow image thumbnails
Fixed bug crashing Russian translation
Marshmallow compatibility updates
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.